Sleep apnea can impact you if you are tall, short, male, female, thin or overweight. No matter who you are, sleep apnea can greatly impact your life. But there are ways that you can naturally treat your sleep apnea. Here are 6 choices you can make that will help improve your life.
· Lose weight-People who are overweight have extra tissue in the back of their throat, which can cover the airway and block the flow of air into the lungs while they sleep. A small amount of weight loss can open up the throat and improve sleep apnea symptoms.
· Quit smoking-Smoking is believed to contribute to sleep apnea by increasing inflammation and fluid retention in the throat and upper airway.
· Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, sedatives-They relax the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing, especially before bedtime.
· Avoid caffeine and heavy meals within two hours of going to bed.
· Exercise regularly helps to reduce sleep apnea symptoms and improves the quality of sleep.
· Maintain a regular sleep hour helps to reduce sleep apnea symptoms.