Sleep apnea is a serious sleep disorder where breathing repeatedly stops and starts while the patient is asleep. Patients may not be aware of these short breathing pauses that occur hundreds of times a night. The sleep deprivation (can’t fall asleep or can’t stay asleep) caused by sleep apnea can result in daytime sleepiness, slow reflexes, poor concentration, and increased risk of driving accidents. Sleep apnea is also linked to some serious medical problems, including heart disease, stroke, liver problems, and diabetes.
Major warning signs of Sleep Apnea:
• Loud and chronic snoring almost every night
• Choking, snorting, or gasping during sleep
• Pauses in breathing
• Waking up at night feeling short of breath
• Daytime sleepiness and fatigue
Other warning signs of Sleep Apnea
• Insomnia or nighttime awakenings; restless sleep
• Waking up with a dry mouth or sore throat
• Going to the bathroom frequently during the night
• Forgetfulness and difficulty concentrating
• Moody, irritable, depressed
• Morning headaches
*If you experience any of these symptoms, contact Glendora dentist, Dr. Anna Lee, for a free consultation for Sleep Apnea. Call for an appointment at 626-335-5114 or email: email@example.com.